Crisis Counsellor - Women in Crisis : Sault Ste. Marie, ONtario
Nos postes affichés sont aussi disponibles en français. Pour demandez une version française, s’il vous plaît appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clôture: 2/7/2021
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type d’emploi: Casual - Temporaire
Description de l’emploi:
WOMEN IN CRISIS (ALGOMA) INC.
Invites applications for the position of:
Crisis Counsellor - Casual
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Staff, the Casual Crisis Counsellor works with women who have experienced abuse and violence. The Crisis Counsellor provides consistent comprehensive support and advocacy, including crisis intervention, goal planning, crisis counselling to shelter residents, crisis line callers and walk-in service users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide case management to all clients during the shift.
- Work with women to complete initial needs and goals assessment and action plans as well assist them in reaching their goals through support, guidance and problem solving.
- Ensure the safety and security of the shelter and shelter residents.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Perform household duties both light and strenuous, as necessary.
Starting wage is $29.79 per hour.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or Degree in a Human or Social Service Field with related experience.
- Experience working with survivors of abuse and violence.
- Ability to relate to women and children of diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to social change, including working to end violence against women and children.
- Knowledge, understanding of, and commitment to anti-oppression and feminist work is essential.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Must provide a clear criminal records check.
- This casual position entails shift work, weekends and holidays.
Women In Crisis (Algoma) Inc. is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of The City of Sault Ste. Marie and strongly encourages applications from all qualified women, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas, cultures and sexual orientation.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, to the attention of:
Norma Elliott, Director of Programs and Staff
Women In Crisis (Algoma) Inc.
23 Oakland Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2T2
Fax: (705) 759-3239
A detailed job description is available at the above noted addresses.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, February 7th 2021 at 5:00pm.