Team Supervisor - Garden River First Nation : Sault Ste. Marie, ONtario
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 5/27/2019
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type dâ€™emploi: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Description de l’emploi:
NOGDAWINDAMIN FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Aboriginal Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a:
FULL-TIME SIX (6) MONTHS’ CONTRACT TEAM SUPERVISOR - GARDEN RIVER FIRST NATION Salary Range: $73,844.00 - $90,706.00
Reporting to the Protection and Resource Manager, the Team Supervisor is responsible for directly supervising Front Line Child Welfare Protection Workers and Service Support Staff. The Team Supervisor is responsible for providing direction, coaching and clinical supervision to staff on all matters relating to child welfare protection service delivery while ensuring that their efforts are in alignment with the Agency’s strategic planning, policies and procedures as well as the legal framework of the Child Youth and Family Services Act and First Nation standards of practice.
- Master of Social Work degree is preferred and would be an asset
- Honors Bachelor of Social Work (HBSW) degree
- Five (5) years’ direct experience working with children and families involved in child welfare protection
- Three (3) years’ direct management and administration experience in a child welfare protection or social service agency
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation including the Child Youth and Family Services Act, Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant legislation, design and operation of various service delivery models
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Monday, May 27, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
FAX (705) 946-3717 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to applicants of native ancestry.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca