Registered Practical Nurse - Algoma Manor Nursing Home : Sault Ste. Marie, ONtario
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 1/31/2019
Lieu d’emploi: Thessalon
Entreprise: Blind River Employment Solutions
Type dâ€™emploi: Full Time - Temps plein
Description de l’emploi:
The Registered Practical Nurse is accountable for the provision of optimum care services related to resident care needs, delivery of skilled procedures, medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
As a valued member of the team, the Registered Practical Nurse demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s vision and mission.
- Provides for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of a RPN.
- Utilizes sound nursing practice principles, the RPN will ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care in the assigned home area(s).
- Fosters an atmosphere that is conducive to the provision of optimal care, and the effective functioning of the assigned Resident Home Area through collaboration with other team members, monitoring resident care, communicating with residents and family members, and providing guidance to Personal Support Workers/unregulated team members assigned to the care unit.
- Optimize each resident’s potential to achieve or maintain maximum functional ability.
- Provides care in accordance with organization policies and procedures, College of Nurses of Ontario and other legislation.
- Seeks direction from the RN when resident need exceeds experience or scope of practice.
- Supports and helps provide a Resident Advocacy Program though the promotion and respect of the Bill of Rights.
- Facilitates relationships between and among residents, relatives, team members and community.
- Creates a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, autonomy, independence and individuality and maintenance of personal lifestyle and values.
- Exercises sound nursing judgment by reporting any change in resident’s status in a timely manner to the Registered Nurse as necessary, and takes appropriate action.
- The Registered Practical Nurse continually assesses his/her own nursing practice and learning needs.
- Participates in and attends in-service programs provided by the Home as well as conferences, seminars and workshops.
- The Registered Practical Nurse works with the resident, family members, and interprofessional team to systematically collect data for the nursing history on admission, readmission and change in status, and provides ongoing assessment and appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates a professional working knowledge of all equipment used in the delivery of nursing care.
- Participates in the home sustainable RAI MDS 2.0 model. Will complete the assigned RAI MDS 2.0 assessment process per resident (Coding, Raps and Care Planning) within the RAI MDS timelines.
- Responsible for safekeeping of drug and narcotic keys in accordance with professional standards and organization policies.
- Ensures the supply, control and safe keeping of drugs and narcotics, ensures protocols are followed on all assigned shifts.
- Identifies issues to ensure an adequate inventory of nursing supplies at all times.
- Documents priorities, target dates and strategies or interventions on the individualized care plan in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for each resident.
- Ensures the strategies and interventions directed by the care plan are implemented in a safe and effective manner.
- Systematically evaluates own care provided to residents as well as overall nursing practices and effectively organizes own assignments to efficiently carry out each resident`s plan of care.
- Contributes to professional development of others (including students) by assuming the role of preceptor.
- Provides guidance and direction to new team members, students and volunteers, by participating in their orientation to the unit.
- Participates in root cause analysis with the team to lean and improve care of residents.
- Demonstrates clinical skills by recognizing the importance of maintaining resident independence through promotion and encouragement of their involvement in activities of daily living.
- Enables each resident to meet his/her individual needs.
- Respects resident autonomy by involving the resident and the family in his/her own care plan.
- Implements physical care measures safely and in accordance with the resident’s individualized needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on the position requirements of area captain as defined in the Emergency Manual.
- Assumes responsibility for:
- Medication administration and management
- Narcotic control
- Timely and accurate transcription of Physicians orders
- Timely and accurate recording of medications
- Preparation and care of deceased individuals
- Added skills according to the organization’s policy
- Effectively participates in conferences with the interdisciplinary team providing care to the residents.
- Liaises with medical team members, nurse specialists, and consultants and supports effective clinical care for all residents.
- Conducts ongoing communication with families to inform them of changes in resident health status.
- Knows and interprets MOHLTC legislation, regulation and process.
- Works in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Current registration as Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum one year experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care as an RPN preferred.
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS.
- Sound nursing knowledge in geriatric care and nursing administration.
- Knowledge of Long-Term Care legislation, Long Term Care Homes Act and Resident’s Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities to lead unregulated healthcare workers and provide effective care.
- Well organized and goal oriented to be able to manage the resident home area and assign duties.
- Proficient with Word, email, internet use and computerized documentation.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Current AIS Certification
- Post graduate studies in Geriatrics and Nursing Administration an asset
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate
- Current Medication Administration certificate (if applicable)
- Interaction with male and female residents of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Combination of natural light and fluorescent lighting
- Exposure to the elements (external building and property)
- Exposure to variable temperatures both hot and cold
- Lifting alone and with assistance
- Pushing/pulling content
- Crouching, kneeling, stooping/bending for short periods of time
- Walking and climbing stairs frequently
- Standing for long periods of time
- Engagement and/or exposure to various therapy programs focused on providing residents with the highest quality of life in our Home, including but not limited to pet therapy, spiritual events and musical therapy
Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume:
Algoma Manor Nursing Home
Attention: Brittany MacLean
145 Dawson Street
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a permanent basis.
Please Quote Job Code: 1911