ODSP ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT CLERK : Sault Ste. Marie, ONtario
Nos postes affichés sont aussi disponibles en français. Pour demandez une version française, s’il vous plaît appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clôture: 6/27/2018
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type d’emploi: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Salaire de: $23.10 à: $26.86
Taux: Hourly - horaire
Description de l’emploi:
Ministry of Community and Social Services
Ontario Disability Support Program
Sault Ste. Marie
08OAD - Office Administration 08
$23.10 - $26.86 Per Hour
Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Do you thrive in a client-service environment and possess demonstrated administrative, communication and customer service skills? If so, consider this challenging opportunity with the Ontario Disability Support Program, in the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a customer service provider and member of the program delivery team, you will:
- provide clerical and administrative support services to the team
- greet visitors, answer incoming calls and respond to electronic inquiries
- sort and distribute incoming mail
- establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- validate, assess and determine the release of social assistance payments
- make bank deposits, accepting/tracking cheques/money orders for repayments/reimbursements
- coordinate and maintain team schedules and calendars
- utilize databases, to gather/enter client information and data for reports and assignments.
How do I qualify?
Administrative, Clerical and Financial Skills:
- You demonstrate knowledge of administrative office procedures, practices and routine office equipment to provide support in a fully automated environment using online databases to input /access client information.
- You demonstrate knowledge of financial processes and analytical skills to validate, calculate and determine appropriate benefit entitlements.
- You can provide financial payment/reimbursement processing and monitoring services.
- You can use software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and electronic mail to produce reports, forms, letters and payments.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have verbal and written communication skills to clearly and concisely respond to in-person and electronic program inquiries from the public.
- You demonstrate interpersonal and listening skills to elicit information and support team members.
- You have interpersonal skills to interact with the public, to collaborate in a team driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met.
Customer Service Skills:
- You have proven customer service skills to effectively deal with a high volume of clients with disabilities, in person, by telephone and through electronic communication.
- You are able to understand and apply the regulations, policies and guidelines governing the ODSP in order to respond to enquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- You are aware of and sensitive to issues facing people with disabilities and those living with fixed or low income.
Judgement and Organizational Skills:
- You are able to organize and coordinate workflow, assess priorities and meet deadlines.
- You have demonstrated experience working in a team environment, proposing solutions and/or making suggestions for optimal use of resources, sharing decision making with co-workers to prioritize tasks and workloads to ensure operational requirements are met.
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual`s screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee`s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please Quote Job Code: 6782