Registered Practical Nurse : Sault Ste. Marie, ONtario
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 6/26/2018
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type dâ€™emploi: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Description de l’emploi:
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Aboriginal Child Welfare Agency under the Child and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a three (3) year full-time contract:
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE - SATELLITE OFFICE - SAULT STE. MARIE Salary: Will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Physician, the Nurse is responsible to provide mental health/nursing and administrative services for Nogdawindamin’s Children’s Mental Health Services - Binojiinh Nendamowning Danishing. The scope of this service is within a bi-cultural, client-centred care model emphasizing health promotion and client education.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Registered Practical Nurse
- Graduate from a recognized nursing program
- Current certificate of competency in Ontario
- Minimum 2 years of recent related experience in acute or community mental health
- Experience working with First Nation Aboriginal People and First Nation’s communities
- Knowledge of Nogdawindamin programs and services
- Knowledge of First Nation service delivery, customs and traditions relating to child welfare
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Knowledge of external services and service agencies
Special Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to conduct a mental health status exam
- Ability to de-escalate conflict situations
- Ability to evaluate the risk of self-harm and suicide and to implement a safety plan
- Ability to liaise with agencies and organizations
- Ability to maintain appointment schedule
- Ability to use empathetic listening
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Additional training or credentialing is considered an asset (Psychiatry, Children’s Mental Health).
- Awareness of stages of change model and basic understanding of motivational interviewing
- Cultural awareness training Current CPR certificate
- Demonstrated competence in conflict resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Experience in telephone triaging of patients
- Experience working with Regional or Aboriginal services, and health planning committees.
- Knowledge of community referral procedures
- Knowledge of DSM-V diagnoses and related pharmacologic and psychological treatments
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act Knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counselling skills
- Must have knowledge of hospital and community mental health services, resources and agencies along the North Shore
- Recent training in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Recent training in Mental Health First Aid Recent training in Non-violent Crisis Intervention training
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer upon offer of employment
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 4:00pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
FAX (705) 946-3717 firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to applicants of native ancestry.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
Please Quote Job Code: 6777