Peddle Driver - Wawa : sault ste. marie, Ontario
Closing Date: 1/23/2019
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Full Time - Temps plein
The Peddle Driver is responsible for completing deliver of freight (temperature controlled or dry) from home terminal to surrounding communities. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service. Complete all paperwork as required for this position.
-Benefits, Pension, Profit Sharing, Competitive Rates
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regional trips that encompass the area from home terminal to surrounding communities
- Sagely operate and perform routine pre & post trip inspections
- Complete all necessary shipping documents to ensure proper freight handling
- Cooperate with all customers to maintain a high level of customer service
- Loading and unloading a variety of heated, dry and refrigerated freight
- Perform other duties as required to support the terminal and the Gardewine team
- Supports all Safety & Health initiatives for the safety of all drivers, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Class 1 or AZ driver`s License with air brake endorsement in good standing. Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities. Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision. Employees must commit to perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine sage work policies, practices and procedures.
Lifting up to 75lbs (limited freight handling), pushing/pulling up to 100lbs of force. Cranking trailer dollies when required (approximately 50lbs of force). Frequent stops and climbing in and out of tractor and trailer. Physically demanding position as employee will be and bombing freight.
How To Apply:
Please apply online at www.gardewine.com
Please Quote Job Code: 7611