Finance Intern : , OntarioSault Ste. Marie
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 11/19/2018
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type dâ€™emploi: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Description de l’emploi:
Position: Finance Intern Closing: Posting will remain open until filled Term: Up to one-year Contract
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people living in urban and rural areas of Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
We are currently seeking a motivated, conscientious, self-starter to join our Corporate Services team at our Head Office in Sault Ste. Marie. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to gain valuable experience while contributing to the growth of the organization. As the Finance Intern, under the direction of the Finance Manager, you will be primarily responsible for aiding the Finance department with a variety of finance-related day-to-day activities and assisting with various projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Support OAHS’s mission and vision and make significant contributions to the achievement of the corporate strategic plan
• Assisting in day to day functions of the Finance Department, including:
• Preparation of bank reconciliations
• Reconciliation of control accounts and sub-ledgers
• Preparation of month end analysis, working papers and journal entries for preparation of monthly financial statements
• Review of revenue and expense accounts to ensure proper allocation of receipts and disbursements
• Assisting with the maintaining/monitoring/reporting of actual expenditures to the operating budget
• Assist with the preparation of various government returns (GST/HST RNH AIR) and special reporting requirements
• Developing/maintaining Finance Procedures manual (researching and identifying best practices)
• Assisting with Accounts Payable processing
• Assist with the conduct of periodic internal reviews.
• Provide assistance to the Finance Manager in various Finance related projects, including:
• Preparation of statistical data
• Financial analysis and reporting
• Benefit and pension program costing and financial analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• In return for your ongoing excellent performance, strong work ethic, and commitment to our vision, mission, values, strategic plan, and the people we serve, Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services offers a comprehensive compensation package. This comprehensive compensation package includes:
o Challenging and fulfilling work an inclusive and supportive team and a work environment steeped in and guided by Indigenous culture
o Additional paid holidays (in addition to statutory holidays) include Louis Riel Day, National Aboriginal Day, Remembrance Day, and Family Day
o Opportunity for cultural, educational and other approved leaves
o Supported training opportunities for personal and professional development while reciprocally enhancing organizational capacity and
o An hourly rate of $20
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Graduate with a post-secondary degree - specialization in Business/Accounting or a related field. (It is expected that the successful applicant will pursue their Professional Accounting Designation during their internship employment period.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other software products (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email required)
• Strong interpersonal, and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to contribute to achievement of team goals
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a highly motivated, professional and results-oriented team
• Ability to communicate professionally using multiple channels with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of and an appreciation for Indigenous culture and demonstrated values that focus on assisting people.
The successful candidate will have the following Program Requirements:
• University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university
• Must be first time employment in field of study
• Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The current position is approved for a one-year contract however, consideration may be given for extension of that period and/or future full-time employment. The successful applicant must meet the NOHFC eligibility requirements for their internship programs. This is a “paid” internship program.
Please note that you are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
• Email to HRSSM@oahssc.ca or
• Mail to: Amanda McAuley
Human Resources & Payroll Associate
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
500 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X5
In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, and are asked to self-identify on their cover letter.
This competition is open to internal and external candidates with the possibility of Secondment for internal candidates. The continuation of this position is subject to funding renewal.
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Quote Job Code: 7302