OUTREACH ASSISTANTS - RURAL AGRI-INNOVATION NETWORK - Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre : , OntarioOther - See Job Description
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 6/1/2018
Lieu d’emploi: Other - See Job Description
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type dâ€™emploi: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Description de l’emploi:
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre is seeking three qualified individuals to work within the Rural Agri-Innovation Network. The candidates will assist with outreach for the Northeast Agriculture & Food Market Study (NAFMS) in Algoma, Manitoulin and Sudbury Districts. The RAIN Outreach Assistants will provide outreach of the Study in coordination with a consultant. This will involve coordinating activities with different stakeholders, including farmers, businesses, partner organizations and a consultant.
• Promoting the Study within Algoma, Manitoulin and/or Sudbury
• Conducting outreach with agri-food producers, processors and food businesses of the NAFMS
• Visiting businesses and participating in events to promote Study participation
• Following up with producers and processors on the Study results to act on market opportunities
• Liaising with partner organizations and the consultant to reach the maximum number of businesses to participate in the Study
• Liaising with SSM Innovation Centre and partners to design and implement marketing materials.
• Preference to a Diploma or Degree in Agriculture, Business Admin/Marketing, Economic Development or a Social Science
• Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
• Experience conducting surveys/participating in research projects and excellent organizational and communication skills
• Work ethic and personal attitude will rate highly in selection of the successful candidate
• Computer proficiency with MS Office.
• Bilingual English/French (Written and Oral) is preferred
This is a contract position for 17 weeks with a potential start-date at the end of June/early July. Wage is commensurate with experience.
LOCATION OF WORK - Algoma, Sudbury or Manitoulin Island
Applicants must apply before June 1st 5:00 p.m. Tentative start date is June 18th
A cover letter and resume must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “RAIN Outreach Assistant” in the email subject line. Please include which region you are applying for in the subject line.
Any questions regarding the position can be directed to: David Thompson- Project Coordinator
Phone: 705-942-7927 ext.3027 Email: email@example.com
Please Quote Job Code: 6674