Data Analyst - Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre : , OntarioSault Ste. Marie
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 5/27/2018
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type dâ€™emploi: Full Time - Temps plein
Description de l’emploi:
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) serves as a catalyst for growth in the technology and knowledge-based sectors in Sault Ste. Marie and area. Its objective is to drive business growth, facilitate research and commercialize innovation in globally significant areas of science and technology through partnerships, expert advice, community development, business incubation, youth outreach and sector development activities.
SSMIC is currently looking for a Data Analyst for its ACORN, geomatics division.
JOB DESCRIPTION The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre is seeking a data analyst to work within the Acorn Information Solutions department. The candidate will assist the health and social service team collect, analyze and present data to support decision making and program evaluations for numerous clients through Ontario.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Select appropriate methods and procedures for collecting, analyzing, reporting and maintaining community, early years and social services data
• Support early years research, evaluation and information needs at the community and regional level
• Research, collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, such as Statistics Canada
• Liaise with key stakeholders
• Write reports, create charts and infographics, and present results to managers, staff and partner agencies
• Obtain copies of, review and access existing reports and other relevant research that would assist in understanding the early years
• Any other duties or special assignments as requested by the reporting Supervisor
• Four Year Degree that includes courses on statistics, survey methodology, data collection and evaluation
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in social services or health care such as program planning, implementation and evaluation, indicator reporting, critical appraisal of literature, methods or community participation, research methods and policy analysis
• Computer and data management skills, including ability to design and analyze databases, including statistical analysis on computer, e.g SPSS/SAS, WORD, Desktop Publishing, Excel or related programs
• Knowledge and experience with mapping software (ArcGIS) is an asset
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, technological, analytical and presentation skills required
• Ability to exercise a high level of independence, integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to work in a team-based setting and possess consensus building skills to effectively work with multi-disciplinary working groups and a variety of agency partners
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight externally and internally driven deadlines
• Knowledge of early child development is an asset
• Ability to communicate in French is an asset
This is a full-time permanent position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2018.
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
99 Foster Drive, Level Six
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Please Quote Job Code: 6673