Research Analyst Intern - Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre : , OntarioSault Ste. Marie
Nos postes affichÃ©s sont aussi disponibles en franÃ§ais. Pour demandez une version franÃ§aise, s’il vous plaÃ®t appelez 705.945.0705 poste 4235.
Date de clÃ´ture: 5/28/2018
Lieu d’emploi: Sault Ste. Marie
Entreprise: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Type dâ€™emploi: Internship - stage
Description de l’emploi:
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) serves as a catalyst for growth in the technology and knowledge-based sectors in Sault Ste. Marie and area. It’s objective is to drive business growth, facilitate research and commercialize innovation in globally significant areas of science and technology through partnerships, expert advice, community development, business incubation, youth outreach and sector development activities.
SSMIC is currently looking for an Research Analyst (Intern) for its Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) Services.
The position will report to the Business Development Manager and will provide direct assistance to science and technology-focused entrepreneurs in the form of research and advisory services, as well as other duties as required.
1. Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will participate in the following activities:
• Develop research papers detailing industry best practices with within the following areas of business development
o Business Incubation/Acceleration
o Youth business incubation and entrepreneurship
o Social enterprises
o Digital literacy
o Women’s entrepreneurship
o Indigenous people’s workforce development
• Support the development of comprehensive policies and procedures manual for Business Services to support operation and client services.
• Assist in the planning and execution of research associated with science and technology focused ventures including research related to best practices in business strategy for growth-oriented companies
• Update and maintain client related information utilizing internal CRM
• Produce statistical analysis using CRM and other sources of data to benchmark overall performance innovation eco-system.
• Work directly with the Youth Development Team (YouLaunch) and OCEA to assist in youth entrepreneurial development activities.
• Attend professional development classes/seminars in all areas of Business Development including but not limited to youth related activities in local schools at all grade levels including the implementation of the Junior Achievement Program.
• Assist in other related programing outreach activities of the Sault Innovation Centre including participating in client sessions when applicable.
• Recent graduate, College diploma or University degree, preferably in a Business, Information Technology or Computer Science field
• Passion for science and/or technology. Good to excellent understanding of several areas of IT would be considered an asset
• Strong research abilities
• An aptitude for accurate, highly detailed analytical skills
• Ability to work both independently and on a team
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• This is a Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation contract position funded for one year. To be eligible for the position of Business Analyst Intern, the candidate must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. This position will be the first opportunity for full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study and the candidate must not have previously participated in an internship program.
This is a 12-month contract position with a flexible start date.
Please submit a cover letter and resume before May 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre 99 Foster Drive, Level Six
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
This position is proudly supported by: Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
Please Quote Job Code: 6650