NEONATAL OUTREACH WORKER - Serpent River First Nation : Other - See Job Description, Ontario
Closing Date: 9/23/2019
Location: Other - See Job Description
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Aboriginal Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a:
FULL-TIME CONTRACT TO MARCH 31, 2020 MATERNITY LEAVE REPLACEMENT NEONATAL OUTREACH WORKER - SERPENT RIVER FIRST NATION Starting Salary: $48,858.00
Reporting to the Neonatal Services Manager, the Neonatal Outreach Worker will be responsible for identifying and providing services for high-risk identified pre and post-natal Aboriginal mothers within the Nogdawindamin service catchment area. The Neonatal Outreach Worker will ensure that their efforts are in alignment with the Agency’s strategic planning, policies and procedures as well as the legal framework of the Child Youth and Family Services Act and First Nation standards of practice.
- Bachelor of Social Work degree preferred
- Community College Diploma in Social Services or Native Child Welfare Worker diploma may be considered
- Two (2) years’ direct experience in a social services agency
- Experience working with Aboriginal families and communities (especially pregnant women and/or babies/children
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
How To Apply:
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
FAX (705) 946-3717 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to applicants of native ancestry.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
Please Quote Job Code: 8796