CHILD AND YOUTH CLINICIAN - Nogdawindamin : Sudbury, Ontario
Closing Date: 6/25/2019
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Salary From: $58518.00 To: $71881.00
Rate: Yearly - annuellement
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Aboriginal Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire two:
FULL-TIME CONTRACT TO MARCH 31, 2020 CHILD AND YOUTH CLINICIANS (2) - SUDBURY
Salary Range: $58,518.00 - $71,881.00
Reporting to the Team Supervisor - Children’s Mental Health, the Child and Youth Clinician provides therapeutic mental wellness assessment and support to children between the ages of 4 to 18 residing in the Agency’s catchment area, both on reserve and in four communities along the North Shore. The Child and Youth Clinician supports positive relationships between children, their immediate caregivers and their support network by developing child-centered, culturally appropriate strategies to address behaviours that limit the child’s spirit journey through childhood and adolescence.
- Master of Social Work degree is preferred and would be an asset
- Honors Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Five (5) years’ direct experience working with children and families
- Experience in a clinical environment providing Children’s Mental Health services
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations and communities
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
How To Apply:
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
FAX (705) 946-3717 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to applicants of native ancestry.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca