FINANCE INTERN - Michipicoten First Nation : Other - See Job Description, Ontario
Closing Date: 3/1/2019
Location: Other - See Job Description
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Full Time - Temps plein
Under the direction of the Financial Director as part of our team environment, Michipicoten First Nation is seeking a bondable individual to fill the role of Finance Intern. The Finance Intern position will primarily be responsible to process accounts payable and assist the Financial Director and Sr. Accounting Clerk in day to day operations.
Job Duties (Include but are not limited to)
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify, and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and purchase orders, and credit card statements
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Assist with auditors
- Prepare financial reporting with accuracy
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions
- All other duties as required.
Commensurate with education and/or experience. Comprehensive benefits package included
- Degree or diploma in business, finance, accounting, or a related field is required.
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite.
How To Apply:
Friday, March 1, 2019 (Applications received after this date will not be considered)
Please forward your resume with a cover letter and three (3) employment-related references to:
Michipicoten First Nation
Robert Reece, Financial Director/Personnel
107 Hiawatha Drive
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
For a complete job description please contact email@example.com.
Michipicoten First Nation strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Michipicoten First Nation will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
This position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Michipicoten First Nation Citizens therefore, Michipicoten First Nation shall give preference to citizens, and Indigenous applicants with equivalent skill sets and experience all interested parties are encouraged to apply.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of this position, a CPIC (criminal record check) is required.
Please Quote Job Code: 7737