Employment Placement Advisor Employment Solutions Blind River - Sault College of Applied Arts and Technology : Blind River, Ontario
Closing Date: 3/19/2018
Location: Blind River
Company: posted by Employment Solutions on behalf of the hiring employer
Job Type: Full Time Contract - Temps plein-contrat
Employment Placement Advisor, Employment Solutions, Blind River
Notice of Initiatives/Opportunities (I/O) Support Staff Vacancy (April 2018 to March 2019)
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: An Employment Placement Advisor to assist clients of the externally funded training programs in obtaining job leads, facilitating introduction to employers and/or placements leading to employment. The incumbent works directly with employers to uncover hidden leads and to create openings based on the needs of the client group on file. The incumbent completes necessary documentation and monitors training placements. The Employment Placement Advisor will utilize existing local employer contacts and be responsible for developing long-term relationships with employers. There is a particular focus on clients who may lack marketability or credibility in the local labour market. The incumbent works as part of the Employment Solutions team, which operates in a Continuous Quality Improvement environment.
This is an Initiatives/Opportunities support staff position, Payband G, 35 hours/week ending March 2019.
What you need to be successful:
- diploma in sales, marketing, human resources (recruitment), or business administration or a related field
- minimum two yearsí experience in sales, marketing, job placement, recruiting or placement consulting
- demonstrated ability to build relationships
- experience conducting cold calls
- knowledge of local labour market and well developed contacts with local employers
- demonstrated experience and knowledge of appropriate legislation
- excellent customer service skills
- ability to conduct presentations or workshops
- experience creating training outlines and/or job descriptions
- experience conducting needs analysis
- knowledge of a variety of software packages
- bilingualism in English and French an asset
- knowledge and experience working with Indigenous communities and employers an asset
- valid driverís license and transportation or personal mobility to the degree normally associated with possession of a valid driverís license and transportation
How To Apply:
Sault College is an invitational College and an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and we will fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND 3 REFERENCES VIA EMAIL BY 4 P.M. MARCH 19, 2018 TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance - only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Quote Job Code: 6358