Here is a list of some common interview questions. Try to think of some job-specific questions you might be asked as well. As part of your interview preparation, reflect back on your own experiences and accomplishments and try to relate them to the position you are interviewing for.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How would your colleagues or supervisors describe you?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with Change.
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with Dissapointment.
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with Stress.
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
- Tell me about a time you experienced confilct with your manager/co-workers.
- Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure to meet a deadline.
- Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team and how you contributed to the team’s success.
- How do you keep yourself organized at work?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work here?
Employment Solutions offers regular Interview Preparation workshops and Mock Interviews. Visit the Workshops & Events tab above for dates and more information.