At The Interview
So you have done some preparation for your interview and you getting ready to head in. What now?
- Know where you are going. Do a test run beforehand if you are not sure.
- Arrive a few minutes early. About 10-15 mintues is plenty.
- Don’t have anyone waiting for you during your interview.
- Don't book any other appointments before or after your interview.
- Be polite to everyone you meet. They may be asked how they were treated by you.
- Make a good impression with a smile, a firm handshake and good eye contact.
- Greet the interviewers in a friendly, enthusiastic and confident manner.
- Listen carefully. Be certain you've heard and understood each question. Asking for clarification is acceptable.
- Take your time to give a good, concise answer to the question that was asked.
- Refer to your past work experience and education, especially your accomplishments, for examples of your abilities and how you could add value to the organization.
- Ask questions about the organization and its direction, training opportunities, and challenges the organization faces etc.
- As a last question, ask when they anticipate a decision will be made and how they will inform the candidates.
- Don't linger. Say thank you, restate your interest in working with them, and leave.
What to bring with you:
- Copies of your resume (3 copies)
- Portfolio of certificates
What NOT to bring with you:
- Coffee or soft drinks
- Chewing gum
- Ipod/MP3 player
Employment Solutions offers regular Interview Preparation workshops and Mock Interviews. Visit the Workshops & Events tab above for dates and more information.